Welcome to our website www.filoufriends.com (hereinafter referred to as ‘filoufriends.com’).
The filoufriends.com website is managed by Filou Company nv, with offices at 5, 8510 Marke, Belgium, VAT number BE0435 732 215 (hereinafter referred to as ‘Filou Company nv’ or ‘we’).
These general conditions apply to all use of filoufriends.com and specifically to the items and sales on this website. When you visit this website or place an order there, you agree to these general terms and conditions. Please note that since these terms and conditions are updated from time to time, we recommend that you read them carefully each time you visit us. Filou Company nv does not accept any other conditions, unless they have been agreed to in writing.
If you need help at any time, we refer you to the bottom of the homepage, where you can find practical information about payments, delivery, refunds and returns, as well as other general information about the services we provide. You can also click on the hyperlinks in these terms and conditions to be referred to other relevant information pages.
2. Privacy Statement
In our privacy statement, you will find information about how Filou Company nv will use your data. By accepting these general terms and conditions, you also commit yourself to our privacy statement.
3. The right to return your order
You are entitled to return (or exchange via a store) the items you have purchased within 14 calendar days. This period starts the day after the date mentioned on the return form. Requests for returns after this period will no longer be accepted.
You can return an item in different ways: via our webshop (at your own expense) or via the store (free).
Returns via our webshop:
At the moment it is not yet possible to indicate a return in your online account. You can return via our webshop by sending it back to our main office accompanied by the return form.
Items cannot be exchanged via our webshop but will be refunded (if the conditions are met: see below).
Refunds will be made within 30 days of receipt of your returned items.
Return via one of our stores
Through the store, you can return the items within 14 calendar days after your purchase.
If you want to return the items to a store, select a store from the list of the stores under ‘our stores’.
At the flag store, you can either exchange the item or receive a voucher to the value of the returned items. This voucher is valid indefinitely.
We accept your return if the item meets the conditions below:
- The item was returned to Filou Company nv within 14 days of the date of purchase via Bpost or a flag store.
- The return was returned via our webshop or to the store.
- Each item is strictly unused and in a completely undamaged condition.
- The original labels and tags are attached to the items and in perfect condition. The item was returned in the original wrapping paper / box.
- In case of refunds, shipping costs will not be refunded.
- Gift or other vouchers cannot be exchanged for cash.
You'll find more useful information about returning products under 'Shipping and returns'. If you can't find the information you need, please contact our customer service team at email@example.com.
This section does not in any way limit the warranty you have under Belgian law should an item prove to be faulty.
Each party has the right to cancel a purchase in the event of a material breach of these terms and conditions by the other party. This means, for example, that we may cancel a purchase if you are not a customer or if your payment is, or appears to be, unlawful.
4. Product Information
We have made every effort to ensure that the colours and descriptions of our products are as accurate as possible. Image and colour quality may vary depending on your screen settings. We cannot guarantee that your screen will display all the characteristics of the actual product correctly.
You will find a product description (colour, size, type of product, etc.) and digital photos with each product. All prices include VAT but exclude shipping costs. Prices may be subject to change. Please check the indicated price at the time you place your order.
- Filoufriends.com only sells to individuals. This means that if you are a person who intends to buy items that are not for your own use, but for resale, for example, or if you are a company, you cannot place an order and we cannot sell you any products.
- A binding purchase between you as a consumer and filoufriends.com as a seller, on these terms, is made when you place an order on this website. Your order will be considered placed when you have completed the last step of the ordering process.
- By placing an order, you expressly agree to be bound by these terms and conditions, including all statements and elements such as the privacy statement and return policy.
- In the unlikely event that a product you ordered is out of stock, we will notify you immediately and offer you an alternative solution (e.g. later shipping, a replacement product or a refund).
- Filou Company nv reserves the right to change or cancel orders if prices or discounts are not correctly displayed on the website or if they are incorrectly included in the invoice.
If you use credit card:
By placing an order through www.filoufriends.com , your card will be debited on placing your order. On occasion we may accept a deposit with the outstanding order balance to be paid before delivery takes place.
All Credit and Debit card transactions are debited at the point of purchase.
Please note that your credit card will directly be charged at the moment of transaction.
Payment can be made via our secure check out pages using your credit or debit card. Your card will be debited at the moment you place your order and receive confirmation.
7. Shipping and delivery
We aim to ship your order within one working day after receipt of your payment. It may take 2 to 3 working days before we deliver your order to the address you have provided (weekends and holidays in Belgium and country of destination not included).
We deliver to the following EU countries:
- Belgium: 5 EUR, max 3 working days
- Luxembourg: 5 EUR, max 3 working days
- Netherlands: 5 EUR, max 3 working days
- France: 10 EUR, max 3 working days
- Germany: 10 EUR, max 3 working days
- Italy: 10 EUR, max 3 working days,
- Austria: 10 EUR, max 3 working days
- Greece: 10 EUR, max 3 working days
- Spain: 10 EUR, max 3 working days
- Sweden: 10 EUR, max 3 working days
- Portugal: 10 EUR, max 3 working days
We process and ship orders from Monday to Friday, except on Belgian public holidays.
Please note that we do not refund any lost orders.
8. Right to revoke your order
Consumers are entitled to inform filoufriends.com that they want to cancel the purchase, without payment of a penalty or stating the reasons, within 14 calendar days from the day after delivery of the ordered items.
If the goods delivered do not conform to the order placed, the statutory two-year warranty period applies (Art. 1649bis et seq. of the Civil Code).
If you wish to invoke the legal guarantee, you must prove that you have purchased the delivered goods from Filou Company. You may provide proof of your purchase by any means under common law.
Any defects in the product must be reported within two (2) months of their discovery. After that period, any right to repair or replacement expires.
In any case, you will not be able to claim any warranty:
- for normal wear and tear of the product
- in the event of injudicious or abnormal use of the product or use contrary to the purpose for which it was designed
- in the event of non-compliance with the operating and/or maintenance instructions
- in the event of damage to the product as a result of intent or negligence
- if the product has been modified by yourself or by intervention of a third party not designated by Filou Company
- for commercial use.
9. Gift vouchers
The following conditions apply to gift vouchers:
- Gift cards are valid indefinitely.
- Gift cards can only be redeemed for items in our flag stores.
- Gift cards cannot be used in the webshop.
- Gift cards cannot be exchanged for money or anything else.
- Gift cards are sent to the recipient via Bpost when the order has been processed and the payment made.
- Filoufriends.com is not responsible for sending gift vouchers to incorrect or non-existent addresses. This is the buyer’s responsibility.
- Filoufriends.com is not responsible if gift vouchers are lost, stolen or destroyed, or used without permission.
- Filoufriends.com reserves the right to cancel gift vouchers if such action is deemed necessary.
10. Intellectual property
All content (images, text, brand names, ...) of filoufriends.com is protected by copyright and trademark law.
It is not permitted to use, copy or distribute any content of this website without the express written permission of filoufriends.com.
11. Copy of Contract
Filou Company nv keeps an electronic copy of your order as long as legally required. If you want a printout of your order, you can print the order confirmation you received by e-mail after you have placed your order and your payment has been processed.
12. Applicable law - jurisdiction
All offers and agreements are governed exclusively by Belgian law, to the exclusion of the principles of conflicts of law in space.
Any disputes relating to, or arising from, Filou Company offers, or agreements concluded with the latter, will be submitted to the competent court in Kortrijk (Belgium), unless a mandatory legal provision explicitly designates another court as competent.
13. Limitation of liability
The information on the website is of a general nature. The information is not adapted to personal or specific circumstances, and therefore cannot be considered as personal, professional or legal advice to the user.
Filou Company makes every effort to ensure that the information provided is complete, correct, accurate and up-to-date. Despite these efforts, inaccuracies may occur in the information provided. Should the information provided contain inaccuracies or if certain information on, or via, the site is unavailable, Filou Company will make every effort to rectify this as soon as possible. However, Filou Company cannot be held liable for direct or indirect damage resulting from the use of the information on this site.
Should you discover any inaccuracies in the information made available through the site, you can contact the site administrator.
The content of the site (including links) can be adapted, modified or supplemented at any time without prior notice or notification. Filou Company does not guarantee the proper functioning of the website and cannot be held liable in any way for a malfunctioning or temporary (un)availability of the website or for any form of damage, direct or indirect, that would result from accessing, or using, the website.
Under no circumstances can Filou Company be held liable to anyone, directly or indirectly, specifically or otherwise, for damage due to the use of this site or any other site, in particular as a result of links or hyperlinks, including, without limitation, all losses, work interruptions, damage to programs or other data on the computer system, hardware, software or other of the user.
The website may contain hyperlinks to websites or pages of third parties, or refer to them indirectly. The inclusion of links to these websites or pages does not imply in any way an implicit approval of their content.
Filou Company expressly declares that it has no control over the content or other characteristics of these websites and can under no circumstances be held liable for their content or characteristics or for any other form of damage resulting from their use.
14. Problems or complaints?
If you have a problem with an item, please do not hesitate to contact us via j firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to help you as soon as possible.
Alternatively, you may opt to use the European ODR platform (http://ec.europa.eu/odr) to bring your problem to the attention of the authority and resolve the dispute in an alternative manner. To do this, you need your e-mail address email@example.com to start the procedure.
The platform can only be used if you live in the EU.